Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The anti-cheerleader

That's me.

Not that there's anything wrong with being a cheerleader. I just happen to think it's dumb. George W. was a cheerleader, in case you need further proof.

So now that my high school reunion is this weekend, I am so glad I'm not going. There, I said it.

Everyone on Facebook is so excited. The more they talk about it, the more I get that sinking feeling in my chest that I used to get when I was forced to go to pep rallies in high school. Despite the fact that I wasn't feeling peppy and I resented people telling me I was supposed to. Besides, our football team was 0-10 for three years running. Cheering wasn't really going to help them.

So while I will enjoy hearing all the gossip from the reunion...who got fat, who got skinny, who got rich, etc.....I'm thrilled that this is one pep rally I don't have to participate in. Ha.

No comments: