Monday, March 22, 2010

Keep calm and carry cupcakes

It's true. I've become one of those people who tells everyone everything her kid says.

But A. is just so wise. Does this sound sarcastic? It totally isn't.

Seriously, if I could just live by her rules, my life would be a whole lot better.

We have a poster in our house, a reprint of an English propaganda poster that you've probably seen, oh, everywhere. It says "Keep Calm and Carry On." Because really, my husband and I need to remember that more often. We were helping A. sound out the letters of it. Only she revised it to make it more her speed "keep calm and carry cupcakes." So much better, when you think about it.

A few others of her concepts to live by (my words, her ideas):


Shiny things are far superior to non-shiny things.

Pretend cooking is better than real cooking.

Waiting for a swing for a long time is worth it if that's what you really want to do.

Why sleep by yourself if you don't have to?

Orange cauliflower and purple potatoes taste better than white cauliflower and white potatoes.

Toys aren't fun if you don't have anyone to play with.

When in doubt, twirl.

No comments: