Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Nope."

This is what A. had to say when I tried to get her in her Halloween costume to go the Botanical Gardens festival this weekend.

Mind you, it was last year's costume since this year's hadn't arrived yet. But still. I thought she'd jump at the chance to wear animal ears.

So it was with great anticipation that we presented her with her newly arrived costume yesterday. It's a girl vampire costume, inspired by her great love for the Count on Sesame STreet (and our current obsession with True Blood).

"Isn't it great? It's got a velvet collar. And it's a dress...."

To which she replied, "Nope."

Damn! Have I really underestimated the personality of a two-year-old? I assumed I had one more year to put her into a costume that I like before she demanded to become a princess.

And then she truly squashed all my hopes and dreams by uttering one word "tutu." As in the pink fluffy thing my aunt's friend bought her that she wears from time to time.

"Wouldn't you rather be The Count's Sister?"

"Nope."

Stay tuned.

No comments: